Saturday, November 22, 2008

Oh me, Oh My. The day I have been waiting for has arrived.

So I was one of those crazy women who went to the midnight premier of Twilight, well actually the 12:30 premier. I have to say that I was very excited for it. If you hadn't noticed, I even had a countdown on my blog (thanks to my husband for finding it for me). I didn't dress up nor did I have a Jacob or Edward shirt but I was excited all the same.

So the day came. I was all a flutter. Luckily I had a lot to do that day. There was a meeting in the morning then the slow day of work. When I got home I went to a neighbors home party, went to McCall's and Mitchel's violin recital and then got home around 9:30 p.m.

What to do? I only had 3 hours left and had nothing to do. I tried talking to Kris for awhile but he wanted to go to sleep. I then watched Dave Letterman and luckily he had Kristen Stewart on as a guest. Oh me, oh my, was I excited. Well, needless to say she bombed the interview. She was horrible. I was thinking, "you are an actress, ACT!" It was uncomfortable to watch. I felt bad for Dave Letterman but I didn't let that get my spirits down. I thought "she will be better in the movie."

Well, the time came. I headed over to the movie theaters and meet up with my friends. By the time we got there the 12:00 showings had started so the really die-hard Bella in a prom dress people were already in fantasy land drooling over Edward or Jacob (Carrie, I am sorry that I missed your "Edward? or Jacob?" shirt). There was still a lot of excitement in the air, people taking pictures, get their faces painted white etc.

We got our treats, took our seats, and then the movie started (along with all the screaming and drooling.) I watched, James was HOT!, Laurent was HOT, Edward, well he was O.K. Jacob was young looking but I thought he was better looking then Edward. I hated the "Edward's skin sparkles" part. But, overall it was OK. I can't say that I loved it but I didn't hate it. I do have to say that I was a little disappointed. Call me crazy but this movie had so much hype behind it, even before the shooting started, that you would think it wouldn't look like a low budget movie but it did. I have even seen low budget movies look better than this. So I was a little bummed and tired (it was 2:30 a.m.). I walked out of our theatre expecting the building to be like a ghost town, no! people were waiting for their showing to start. At 2:30 a.m.! I couldn't believe it.

Lexi wants to go see it with me. I don't think that she will like it but I figure I may go see it again. I keep telling myself that it was the late hour and my physically exhausting day that made me not love the movie. If I go see it with Lexi during the day while I am refreshed then the movie will be different.

No comments: