Tuesday, February 23, 2010

WE'RE DEBT FREE!

Now you should be hearing Mel Gibson saying "Freedom" and the theme music from Braveheart.

Yes, it has been 22 months of sacrificing, giving up our favorite things (including air condition for a summer), and not going on a single family vacation to get rid of Sallie Mae. It hasn't been easy, the kids (including Kris and myself) have cried and begged for it to stop but we kept pushing. The day has finally arrived where Sallie Mae actually owes us .17 cents.

Original principal balance: $37,980.14
Capitalized interest: $0.00

Outstanding principal balance: $-0.17
Accrued interest: $0.00

Total amount outstanding: $-0.17


I have been dreaming of this day for 2 years. I have a whole list of plans for the house. There a lot of places that I want to go see. Let's get started....oh wait, now I have to save all that money first.

No comments: